Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020. South Carolina offers absentee ballots by mail to voters who will be unable to vote in person. All other voters are expected to vote in person. South Carolina offers early voting.
Steps to insure Your Mail-In Ballot is Counted
- Review the absentee ballot application and confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements for voting absentee.
- Fill out the application completely.
- Submit the request to your local election office. You should request your ballot as far in advance of the election as possible. The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) Saturday, October 24, 2020.
- When your ballot arrives, read it carefully and follow the instructions to complete it and return it.
- Your ballot must be received by Tuesday, November 3, 2020 by 7:00 p.m. You may also return your ballot in person by Tuesday, November 3, 2020 by 7:00 p.m. You can find ballot tracking information here.
Most Common Reasons Mail-In Votes Were Rejected
- Non-matching signature (27.5 percent)
- Ballot not received on time/missed deadline (23.1 percent)
- No voter signature (20 percent)
- “Other” reason given (14.8 percent)
- Uncategorized (5.7 percent)
- No witness signature (3 percent)
- Problem with return materials e.g., ballot missing from the envelope (1.9 percent)
- Voter deceased (1.5 percent)
- Voter voted in person (1.3 percent)
- First-time voter without proper identification (1.1 percent)
Where to Vote in Person: Greenville County Polling Place Directory
Upstate News Headlines
- Fantasy Football 2020 – Tough Decisions + Week 7 Buy/Sell, TNF Preview – Ep. #967
- Week 7 fantasy football rankings | Fantasy Focus Live!
- Epsilon Could Become a Record Breaking Storm
- Maryland man admits to leaving threatening letter for voters, charged
- Law enforcement in several states investigating after threatening letters, emails sent to voters
- This 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' inflatable will be recognize by the whole neighborhood
- Walmart, Best Buy among major retailers that will be closed on Thanksgiving this year
- Troopers: 1 dead after vehicle hits guardrail, overturns on I-26
- Dabo Swinney previews Syracuse, talks development of Lawrence and Etienne
- Syracuse at Clemson College Football Picks & Prediction Saturday 10/24/20 Sports Chat Place