It was a violent Thanksgiving weekend in the city of Asheville.
Police say seven shootings happened over a three-day period. Two people were injured and a 17-year-old died after being shot multiple times.
Police told News 13 the shooting of the teenager happened in Montford on Saturday morning.
“I come here during the day, sometimes to play basketball,” said local resident Tyler Ross.
The court Ross plays on is located behind the Montford Community Center. It’s just yards away from the ball field where police found the juvenile suffering from gunshot wounds.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Capitol Rioters Were Among Those Who Held Out Hope For A Trump Pardon And Didn’t Get It
- South Carolina Lawmakers requesting more Covid-19 vaccines
- Deputies: Fourth suspect arrested for sex crimes involving juvenile victim in Oconee Co.
- Indian village cheers for Harris during swearing-in as US VP
- Would A Deshaun Watson deal would be ‘the biggest trade in NFL history’
- Search and rescue for injured person underway in Walhalla, says fire chief
- Activities That Will Get Your Heart Rate Up
- North Carolina Records Biggest one-day drop in Covid-19 hospitalizations on record
- South Carolina mom who won Worst Cooks in America arrested for ‘homicide’ of three-year-old daugh