NEW YORK (AP) — Democrats in the House and Senate are to introduce a joint resolution Wednesday aimed at amending the 13th Amendment’s ban on chattel enslavement.
The move would expressly prohibit the use of involuntary servitude as a punishment for crime.
The original amendment has permitted exploitation of labor
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Here are the winning numbers for Mega Millions' Friday drawing for $750 million
- NYT: A man has over $200 million worth of Bitcoin, but he forgot the password to access it
- Upstate County Councilwoman passes away from COVID-19 complications, family says
- Booster club raising funds to repair Walhalla HS band trailer
- Alex Azar resigns as Health and Human Services Secretary, citing Capitol mob
- Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar condemns Capitol riot in resignation letter
- Rutherford Co. deputies searching for man facing domestic violence warrants
- Family: Anderson Co. councilwoman passes away
- Mattel unveils Maya Angelou Barbie doll
- Hospitals will receive less COVID-19 vaccine doses than requested, SCHA says