SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) An Upstate plant is joining the fight against COVID-19 by producing nonwoven fabric they say can be used for creating medical gowns, that are in high demand during the pandemic.
The Johns Manville plant in Spartanburg began making a new polyester spunbound nonwoven design for the production of Level 3 medical gowns.
Souvik Nandi, Director Nonwovens Technology at Johns Manville Engineered Products, says the fabric provides a better liquid barrier than that of material used for Level 1 and 2 gowns.
“There is a desperate need in North America and in Europe for medical gowns,” said John Vasuta, President of Johns Manville’s Engineered Products business. “Our teams are working quickly to create solutions and manufacture a new coated polyester spunbond nonwoven fabric. We are going through unprecedented times – so every step to support health care workers and others on the front lines helps right now.”
The JM Plant in Spartanburg primarily produces a variety of polyester nonwoven products for the use of filtration, roofing and specialty applications.
<a class=”tnt-asset-link” href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/dhec-providing-emts-with-training-for-covid-19-testing/article_e22efd70-9a54-11ea-8818-7b812242fa9d.html”>DHEC providing EMTs with training for COVID-19 testing</a>
<a class=”tnt-asset-link” href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/disney-world-news-disney-springs-reopens-in-florida/article_47f4435f-297d-5080-a651-adbaba9df05f.html”>Disney World news: Disney Springs reopens in Florida</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- Buehler leads Dodgers over Rays 6-2 for 2-1 Series lead
- Charlie Morton Flips His Own Postseason Narrative in Game 3
- ‘Darkest days in history’: Expert reacts to Covid-19 milestone
- South Korean officials find ‘no direct link’ between flu vaccine and recent deaths
- Bodycam shows Texas deputy saving 20-day-old baby that stopped breathing
- Crew killed when US Navy training aircraft crashes in Alabama
- Funeral held for Greenville County deputy killed in the line of duty
- Ghost story: Elizabeth of Trinity Episcopal Church
- National Drug Take back Day is Saturday