RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 8 PM
EDT THIS EVENING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR NORTHEAST
GEORGIA AND UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA AND THE FOOTHILLS AND PIEDMONT
OF NORTH CAROLINA…
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a Red Flag Warning for wind and low relative humidity, which is
in effect from 2 PM this afternoon to 8 PM EDT this evening. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
- AFFECTED AREA…Oconee Mountains, Pickens Mountains,
Greenville Mountains, Greater Oconee, Greater Pickens, Greater
Greenville, Spartanburg, Cherokee, York, Rabun, Anderson,
Abbeville, Laurens, Union SC, Chester, Habersham, Stephens,
Greenwood, Franklin, Hart, Elbert, Alexander, Iredell, Davie,
Catawba, Rowan, Cleveland, Lincoln, Gaston, Mecklenburg,
Cabarrus, Union NC, Caldwell Mountains, Greater Caldwell,
Burke Mountains, Greater Burke, McDowell Mountains, Eastern
McDowell, Rutherford Mountains, Greater Rutherford, Polk
Mountains and Eastern Polk.
- TIMING…Wednesday afternoon and early evening.
- WINDS…Northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- HUMIDITY…As low as 27 percent.
- FUEL MOISTURE…Already seasonably low, under 10 percent, and
likely to drop further with no wetting rain in the forecast
- IMPACTS…Outdoor fires may easily grow out of control in