UPDATE: Pinellas Sheriff says armed security outside early voting site not hired by Trump campaign

  • By cvbizz
  • October 22, 2020
  • 0
  • 331 Views
Share This Post!

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri says there is no evidence armed security seen outside an early voting site Wednesday was hired by the Trump campaign. And the reelection campaign has denied any involvement.

Here’s what happened:

On Wednesday, Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Julie Marcus suggested two security guards hired by the Trump campaign were outside an early voting site located on First Avenue North. Then, on Thursday, Sheriff Gualtieri clarified the two men were not associated with the president’s reelection campaign. A few hours later, a security contracting company said it was all a big misunderstanding and suggested there were not two guards – but rather just one off-duty security guard.

In Gualtieri’s version of events, there were two licensed security guards from Syotos LLC who reportedly told deputies they had been hired to provide security. But, Gualtieri said there was no evidence they had been hired by the Trump campaign.

NEW TO OUR CHANNEL?
Hi! We’re 10 Tampa Bay, the CBS affiliate serving the Tampa Bay area. Our team works hard to consider context, pursue connections and identify the trends that shape our worlds. We believe you deserve a return on your invested attention and a reward for your curiosity. And so, we offer storytelling that delves deeper, beyond the noise and confusion, so that you can feel informed, prepared, and connected.

#10tampabay #localnews #florida


Upstate News Headlines

PHP Code Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com