Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri says there is no evidence armed security seen outside an early voting site Wednesday was hired by the Trump campaign. And the reelection campaign has denied any involvement.
Here’s what happened:
On Wednesday, Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Julie Marcus suggested two security guards hired by the Trump campaign were outside an early voting site located on First Avenue North. Then, on Thursday, Sheriff Gualtieri clarified the two men were not associated with the president’s reelection campaign. A few hours later, a security contracting company said it was all a big misunderstanding and suggested there were not two guards – but rather just one off-duty security guard.
In Gualtieri’s version of events, there were two licensed security guards from Syotos LLC who reportedly told deputies they had been hired to provide security. But, Gualtieri said there was no evidence they had been hired by the Trump campaign.
NEW TO OUR CHANNEL?
Hi! We’re 10 Tampa Bay, the CBS affiliate serving the Tampa Bay area. Our team works hard to consider context, pursue connections and identify the trends that shape our worlds. We believe you deserve a return on your invested attention and a reward for your curiosity. And so, we offer storytelling that delves deeper, beyond the noise and confusion, so that you can feel informed, prepared, and connected.
#10tampabay #localnews #florida
Upstate News Headlines
- Things You Can Make With Old Bed Sheets
- Spartanburg woman arrested for having a business with no license
- FBI asks for help identifying “Too Tall Bandit” wanted for at least 16 bank robberies in SC, NC, TN
- Moment of Calm – Snow in Asheville
- Clemson wants more in-person classes, more testing for spring semester
- Berea Middle Assistant Principal honored
- Darien Rencher on winning 2020 Disney Spirit Award
- The oil change experience at Dick Brooks Honda
- Coach Swinney on player named as 2020 Disney Spirit Award recipient
- FBI: ‘Too Tall Bandit’ suspected of robbing at least 16 banks in SC, NC, TN. Agents need your help ID-ing him