Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri says there is no evidence armed security seen outside an early voting site Wednesday was hired by the Trump campaign. And the reelection campaign has denied any involvement.
Here’s what happened:
On Wednesday, Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Julie Marcus suggested two security guards hired by the Trump campaign were outside an early voting site located on First Avenue North. Then, on Thursday, Sheriff Gualtieri clarified the two men were not associated with the president’s reelection campaign. A few hours later, a security contracting company said it was all a big misunderstanding and suggested there were not two guards – but rather just one off-duty security guard.
In Gualtieri’s version of events, there were two licensed security guards from Syotos LLC who reportedly told deputies they had been hired to provide security. But, Gualtieri said there was no evidence they had been hired by the Trump campaign.
NEW TO OUR CHANNEL?
Hi! We’re 10 Tampa Bay, the CBS affiliate serving the Tampa Bay area. Our team works hard to consider context, pursue connections and identify the trends that shape our worlds. We believe you deserve a return on your invested attention and a reward for your curiosity. And so, we offer storytelling that delves deeper, beyond the noise and confusion, so that you can feel informed, prepared, and connected.
#10tampabay #localnews #florida
Upstate News Headlines
- Essential Winter Fashion Tips for Men
- Wisconsin confirms Joe Biden as winner following recount
- DHEC announces latest COVID-19 testing locations for the Upstate
- South Carolina Adds 1174 New Covid-19 Cases as Percent Positive Rate Rises to 18%
- Snow Has Begun to Fall Across the North Carolina Mountains
- What to Know Before Moving to Greenville South Carolina
- NC reports highest number of coronavirus hospitalizations
- Georgia Republican officials reject Trump’s calls to overturn election results
- Denver Downs holding social distancing-friendly drive-in movie screening of ‘Polar Express’
- Deputies: 2 suspects face charges in killing of missing man, kidnapping of woman who was able to escape