COLUMBIA, S.C. (FOX Carolina) – Several athlete alumni of the University of South Carolina have lent their voices to a petition demanding their alma mater rename an on-campus fitness center, currently named after a known opponent of the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and racial integration.
The center in question
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Aquarium moss balls sold at NC pet stores could contain invasive species, NC Wildlife says
- 76ers teammates Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons to miss NBA All-Star Game over contact tracing
- Video Captures Idaho Families Burning Face Masks In Front Of The State Capital
- Retail and restaurant workers worry about safety as states ease mask rules
- Man Skating With ‘Trump 2024’ Flag Tackled at Central Park Ice Rink
- Watchdog accuses Duke energy of misleading state regulators.
- Another ex-aide calls Cuomo's office conduct inappropriate
- Major Winter Storm! Heavy Snow & Arctic Blast Possible Mid March!
- 7 things you should clean every single day
- 70 years later, a US Army chaplain's remains are found