As state health officials warn against large gatherings throughout the holiday season, WCNC Charlotte has learned a local church is hosting a gathering that’s expected to bring out hundreds of attendees.
The United House of Prayer is hosting an event to honor the head bishop of the church.
Bishop CM Bailey, the leader of the entire House of Prayer franchise which is made up of close to 150 churches, is visiting the Beatties Ford Road location Saturday, Jan. 2, and Sunday, Jan. 3.
House of Prayer churches from all over the area are expected to bring in members by busloads.
“It’s going to be a large crowd It’s going to be at least 500 plus,” said a member who spoke anonymously and exclusively to WCNC Charlotte’s Billie Jean Shaw Thursday.
Back in October, the church on Beatties Ford Road hosted a week-long convocation event that drew thousands of members of the church from all over the country.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Brad Brownell Comments on Clemson’s Loss to Florida State
- Body found near Henrietta St. in Greenville Co.
- Professional bull riding returns to Greenville
- Air Force mortar found in Lake Murray by SLED divers, DNR
- Here’s the Only DC Restaurant Trump Visited During His Presidency
- US sees highest weekly increase of COVID-19 cases in children since pandemic began
- New banner unveiled for victim of unsolved murder
- Greenville county coroner, police on scene near Greenville County Detention Center
- DHEC: 3,435 confirmed new COVID-19 cases, 63 confirmed deaths in SC as of Jan. 21
- FDA gives approval for syringes to extract an extra dose from vials of the COVID-19 vaccine