Two Masters Play at the Carolina Music Museum, Friday, June 22, 7:30 pm
After completing the Juilliard four year pre-college program and her undergraduate degree at Bard, Rebecca Pechefsky received her MA in harpsichord from Queens College and a MPhil in Musicology from the CUNY Graduate Center. She has performed in such venues as Carnegie Hall’s Weill Recital Hall, Merkin Hall, and the Morris-Jumel Mansion. She has also been heard in concert series of the Miami Bach Society and the Harpsichord Center in Pasadena and Brentwood, California, as well as in fringe concerts of the Boston Early Music Festival and the Berkeley Festival. Recent European engagements include recitals in London (Handel House), Milan (Sforza Castle), Bologna, Amsterdam, Berlin, and Basel. Among her recordings for Quill Classics are the complete harpsichord music of François d’Agincour; Bach and His Circle (JPF Music Award, Best Classical Solo Album); Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1, praised in Fanfare as “excellent to the highest degree”.
Patrick Hawkins, a native of Virginia, is a graduate of the Peabody Conservatory at The Johns Hopkins University, East Carolina University, and Arizona State University. In 1993 Dr. Hawkins made his European debut at the Cambridge Summer Recitals in the United Kingdom. Since then, he has regularly returned to Europe to perform in France, Germany, and Spain. In 2013 he was invited to lecture at the 2nd International Conference on Early Keyboard Music at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland; he was a featured lecturer at the International Muzio Clementi Conference in Lucca, Italy in 2015; and was a featured recitalist and lecturer at the International Muzio Clementi Conference at the University of Barcelona, Spain in 2016. Dr. Hawkins is a founding member of The Vista Ensemble, an historically-informed performing organization of musicians in Columbia, South Carolina.
Tickets go on sale Tuesday, June 5, and with only 80 seats available, we urge everyone to make their reservations early. $10 for adults, $5 for students with ID’s. Call 864-520-8807 to make your reservations. The concert will begin at 7:30.
Preview the Music
Upstate News Headlines
- I-26 West closed near Columbus due to overturned log truck, firefighters ask drivers to avoid area
- This One-Pot Lasagna Will Be Your New Weeknight Favorite
- Is Facebook really ready for the 2020 election?
- North Carolina resumes processing deficient absentee ballots
- Bruce Willis reprises 'Die Hard' role in unexpected way
- Greenville park has a fiery past
- Spirit of actress often seen leading audience in ovation after performances
- Hurricane Laura evacuees — many with nowhere to go — ordered to leave hotels
- Trump says Sudan will be removed from terrorism list
- Legendary NHL broadcaster Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick announces his retirement