Learn more at nhc.noaa.gov
Tropical Storm Cristobal: Latest maps, radar
Cristobal formed as a Tropical Storm on Tuesday June 2, 2020
At 100 PM CDT (1800 UTC), the center of Tropical Storm Cristobal was located near latitude 18.4 North, longitude 91.9 West. Cristobal is moving toward the south-southeast near 3 mph (6 km/h), and a turn toward the east is expected later today. A turn toward the north-northeast and north is expected on Thursday and Friday. On the forecast track, the center will move over the land mass of eastern Mexico through Thursday. The center is forecast to move back over the Gulf of Mexico by Friday. Maximum sustained winds are near 50 mph (85 km/h) with higher gusts. Slow weakening is forecast during the next 48 hours, and Cristobal will likely become a tropical depression by Thursday evening. Some re-strengthening is expected to begin on Friday. Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 60 miles (95 km) from the center. A wind gust of 55 mph (89 km/h) was reported at Ciudad del Carmen during the past few hours. The estimated minimum central pressure is 996 mb (29.41 inches).
Cristobal is forecast to re-emerge over the southern Gulf of Mexico Friday or Friday night and move northward over the central and northern Gulf of Mexico over the weekend. There is a risk of storm surge, heavy rainfall, and wind impacts beginning over the weekend along portions of the U.S. Gulf Coast from Texas to the Florida Panhandle. While it is too soon to determine the exact location, timing, and magnitude of these impacts, interests in these areas should monitor the progress of Cristobal and ensure they have their hurricane plan in place.
More Posts You Will Enjoy …
- Greenville County Schools Offer Updates via Facebook Live & New 2020 School Roadmap
- Carolina Music Museum Changes Names to the Sigal Music Museum
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- No Football Could Be a Big Problem for the City of Clemson and the Upstate
- The Children’s Museum of the Upstate Officially Re-Opens: What You Need to Know
- Artists Picking Artists: Salti Ray
- Table 301 and Edwin McCain Team Up For Child’s Haven’s Virtual Foodies For Futures
- Reedy River Duck Derby Goes Virtual This Saturday
- Euphoria Greenville Tapas & Tinis Set For July 10th: What You Need to Know About Their New Event Protocols
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate