SPARTANBURG, SC (FOX Carolina) – Troopers said one person is dead and four others are hurt, including three small children, in a crash on US 221 just north of Spartanburg on Wednesday.
According to the SCHP website, the wreck happened around 11:30 a.m. near Barnwell Road.
Troopers said a 2007 Toyota was heading south when it crossed the center line and struck a 2013 BMW that was headed north.
Troopers said the driver of the Toyota was entrapped in the car and had to be mechanically freed from the vehicle. That driver died at the scene.
There were also three children in the car, ages 1, 8, and 9, who troopers said were all hurt and taken to the hospital.
The driver of the BMW was also hurt and taken to the hospital.
The coroner has not yet released the name of the decee
Facebook Live video from the scene:
MORE NEWS – <a class=”tnt-asset-link” style=”font-size: 1em;” href=”https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/governor-and-superintendent-of-education-opt-to-keep-sc-schools-closed-through-end-of-school/article_1cb36502-8499-11ea-88ce-2f479625f153.html”>Governor and Superintendent of Education opt to keep SC schools closed through end of school year</a>
Upstate News Headlines
- The Merge Records Roster Covers Georgia Bands to Raise Money for Stacey Abrams' Fair Fight
- The Funniest Tweets of the Week
- Former Marine, fiance trying to move forward after their houseboat sank
- Greenville Law Enforcement hold 20th annual Eric Nicholson Blood drive
- DHEC outlines vaccine plans
- T.L. Hanna addresses state championship ticket issue
- Upstate radio station hosts toy drive
- Greenville County Schools declines rapid COVID-19 testing kits
- Man charged for September homicide
- South Carolina sees highest daily COVID-19 spike since pandemic began