This is the only pulled pork recipe you’ll ever need!
Get the recipe: https://foodtv.com/3h0mcWa
Subscribe to Food Network: http://foodtv.com/YouTube
Slow Cooker Georgia Pulled Pork Barbeque
RECIPE COURTESY OF TRISHA YEARWOOD
Total: 12 hr 25 min
Active: 25 min
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 cups cider vinegar
6 ounces tomato juice
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
1 teaspoon sugar
2 medium sweet onions, such as Vidalia, quartered
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons salt
Pinch black pepper
One 4- to 6-pound Boston butt pork roast, bone-in
Buns, for serving
For the sauce: Puree the onion in a blender with 1/4 cup water. Place the pureed onion in a 2-quart saucepan with additional water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cook, stirring constantly until the water has almost evaporated. Add the vinegar, tomato juice, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and hot sauce and mix well. Bring to a boil, and then stir in the sugar. Immediately remove from the heat. Set 1 cup aside for the roast. Let the remaining sauce cool completely, then refrigerate for later use.
For the roast: Put the quartered onions in the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Mix the brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper and rub it over the pork roast. Then place in the slow cooker on top of the onions. Drizzle the reserved 1 cup of sauce over the roast. Cook the roast in the slow cooker on low for 10 to 12 hours, checking after 10 hours for tenderness.
Remove the meat and onions from the slow cooker. Discard the onions and finely shred the pork. Reserve the juices from the slow cooker to add to the meat for desired juiciness.
Serve on a bun with the juice.
Subscribe to our channel to fill up on the latest must-eat recipes, brilliant kitchen hacks and content from your favorite Food Network shows.
FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN APP: http://foodtv.com/FNKApp
FULL EPISODES: https://watch.foodnetwork.com
Upstate News Headlines
- Some Breonna Taylor protesters out past curfew, fires set
- He lost his brother to Covid-19. Twelve days later, he died, too
- The best flowers to plant in your fall garden
- US colleges struggle to salvage semester amid outbreaks
- ICU nurse transforms school bus into after-shift oasis
- Sunday Highlights: Upstate Things to Do
- How Trump, Biden are preparing for first presidential debate
- Videocast: Foggy morning, isolated pm shower
- South Carolina loses opener in heartbreaking fashion after special teams gaffe
- No title