Larkin Poe – sisters Rebecca and Megan Lovell – have been on a slow burn towards stardom for the last decade. With a slew of EPs and long players behind them, the bluesy sisters picked up a Grammy nod for their 2018 release, Venom & Faith, and have toured the world over. The duo has returned with a new record, Self Made Man, which they self-produced and released on their own Tricki-Woo label.
Hailing from Atlanta but now calling Nashville home, the Lovell sisters pen songs steeped in Southern musical tradition, from pulling from acoustic folk to gospel and rocking blues. Trail Mix is happy to feature “Keep Diggin’” from Larkin Poe’s new release.
Yonder Mountain String Band, who recently appeared on our weekly Trail Mix Live series, return to the mix with their take on the John Hartford classic “Holding,” a long time staple in their live show and
Upstate News Headlines
- Lawrence leaves options open for impending NFL decision
- 'Survivor Tree' that endured 1995 Oklahoma City bombing damaged by recent ice storm
- Pre-election voting surpasses half of all 2016 ballots cast with week left until Election Day
- President Trump's campaign website was briefly 'defaced,' campaign spokesperson says
- Chicago store guard stabbed 27 times after asking women to wear masks
- US Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos observes Upstate schools' reopening strategies
- Two years later, a community remembers 11 killed in Pittsburgh synagogue mass shooting
- U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos visits Upstate schools
- Supreme Court ruling spurs Wisconsin to get outstanding absentee ballots returned by Election Day
- 2 killed in Tennessee school bus crash carrying children