“Sometimes it takes balls to be a woman.”
Elizabeth Cook first crossed my radar back in 2007, and those lyrics – from the title track of her release, Balls – were the first of hers that I ever heard.
It was abundantly clear that Cook was a songwriter with brass.
In the ensuing 13 years, Cook has taken the entertainment world by storm, establishing herself as a force in the country music world by hosting a show on Sirius XM radio for a decade, touring and recording relentlessly, and she even recently added a fishing show on the Opry’s Circle TV streaming/TV platform.
Cook has recently returned with her latest record, Aftermath. As become her custom, the twelve self-penned tracks on the record are ripe with honesty, sometimes painfully so, and Cook continues to do it her way – with balls – or no way at all. This month, Trail
Upstate News Headlines
- US citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in military operation
- Rhetoric Versus Reality: What Trump, Biden Tax Plans Mean For You | NBC News NOW
- Coronavirus: Inside ICU At Hard-Hit Montana Hospital | NBC Nightly News
- Rev. James Lawson Speaks Out On Ongoing Fight To End Voter Suppression | NBC Nightly News
- Nightly News: Kids Edition (October 31, 2020) | NBC Nightly News
- November Forecast Calls for Chilly Temperatures Across the Upstate
- Learn The History Of Halloween
- The Best Walmart Hacks You Haven’t Heard Of Yet
- What To Expect On Election Night As Polls Start To Close | TODAY
- Sex offenders face Halloween curfew again in South Carolina