Readers Pick This Year’s Best Outdoor Hubs
Although 2020 was not the year we thought it would be, it offered many of us the opportunity to slow down and fully explore the mountains, waterways, and parks in our Blue Ridge backyards.
With that in mind, we asked our readers to select the region’s best adventure hubs in our 10th annual Top Adventure Towns contest, which featured 100 towns across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast competing for the title of best outdoor burg. Week by week, readers narrowed down the choices to pick their top tiny town (population less than 3,000), small-town (population 3,001-16,000), mid-sized town (population 16,001-75,000), and large town (population 75,001+).
This year’s winners boast miles of nearby trails, summits, and serene waters, and hold communities passionately prioritizing access to the outdoors.
Top Tiny Town:
Floyd, Va.(pop. 428)
Tucked away in southwest Virginia, Floyd combines the authentic feel of a
Upstate News Headlines
- Notre Dame vs. North Carolina: 2020 Game Preview
- Teen Driver Charged after Deadly DUI Crash in Anderson Co.
- 1 dead after 3-vehicle DUI Crash in Spartanburg Co.
- Official Winter Forecast 2020 – 2021
- 2020-2021 Greenville Swamp Rabbits Season Preview
- Upcoming Major Snowstorm May Impact North Carolina Mountains
- Clemson Men’s Basketball Defeat Purdue
- JUDGES SHUT DOWN TRUMP’S CLAIM OF ELECTION IRREGULARITIES IN COURT-NBC NEWS
- Health Experts Fear Thanksgiving Covid Spike | NBC Nightly News
- How Fast-Tracked Covid Vaccines May Impact Future Immunizations | NBC News NOW