Did you know that today is Hunger Action Day?
As millions face hunger in America, every September Feeding America and food banks across our country come together to celebrate Hunger Action Month – a month-long initiative to encourage neighbors in all communities to come together with one goal in common – ending hunger one helping at a time. As more and more of our neighbors continue to need help due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this year is more important than ever.
From youth to retirees, and civic groups to corporations, everyone can play a role in helping ensure our neighbors don’t have an empty table tonight.
How can you take action?
Make a donation to help provide food to families in need.
Sign up to volunteer at one our branches.
Host a traditional or virtual food drive.
Spread awareness by telling your friends, family and colleagues about the great work Harvest Hope is doing in the local community.
Every action counts. No one can stand alone in the fight against hunger. Together, we are building a hunger-free tomorrow.
Thank YOU for joining us!
-Harvest Hope Team
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Latest South Carolina COVID-19 report from DHEC: Feb. 27, 2021
- Why Americans shouldn't turn their noses up at Johnson & Johnson's vaccine
- History & Hope: Author shares story of family's role in Montgomery bus boycotts
- Official: 3 dead in small plane crash in northeast Georgia
- Rutherford Co. deputies locate man wanted for burning parts of church, leaving satanic drawings
- History & Hope: Retired school leader says young people should 'continue to fight' for social justice
- 'I wanted to be the light in the dark': Mom creates stuffed animals for kids with special needs
- 'It truly saved me': Woman says mask-making project helped her get through pandemic
- Plunging demand for COVID-19 tests may leave US exposed
- Head-on crash kills Michelin Plant worker in Anderson County