My Dad used to tell me, only James Bond gets to save the world, YOU can save a small piece of it. And that’s why I went to Lake Charles, to help save a small piece of the world ravaged by Hurricane Laura. Operation BBQ Relief is a charity whose mission is to provide a hot meal and a warm smile to those affected by natural disasters. I worked with them the week after Laura had came ashore and on my final day I took out my phone and recorded some interviews with the folks I was working with. And if you’d like to donate, or volunteer, just find their website at operation bbq relief dot org.
Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/chefjohnmalik
Upstate News Headlines
- Sustainable VanLife: The Live Outside and Play Road Team Goes Green on the Road
- Grizzly vs. 20 wolves | Yellowstone National Park
- Fall Weather Week: What brings us in those bright fall colors?
- Winter Thoughts #8 – This Winter Looks Snowy
- Ina Garten Reinvents Comfort Food With Her New Cookbook | Sunday TODAY
- The Secret to Magnolia’s Famous Banana Pudding | Food Network Finds
- Hurricane Forecast Discussion – Tropical Storm Epsilon Forms
- Louisiana schools struggle after Hurricane Delta finishes the job Hurricane Laura started
- Most Wanted: October 19
- Mauldin business in danger of shutting down due to road renovations