The Portland Timbers are still looking to rediscover their MLS Is Back tournament form heading into a Wednesday night matchup with the struggling San Jose Earthquakes.
The Timbers (4-4-2) are in the middle of the pack in the Western Conference, entering this match in sixth place on 14 points. Portland, which won more games en route to the tournament title than it currently has in the regular season, has taken just four points in five matches (1-1-3) and is coming off a 4-2 loss at Los Angeles FC on Sunday.
Eryk Williamson and Jeremy Ebobisse scored first-half goals 18 minutes apart, but during those 18 minutes the Timbers fell apart defensively and conceded three goals. Portland nearly tied it twice in the second half when Dario Zuparic had a header cleared off the line and Diego Valerri hit the woodwork with a free kick, but an equalizer was not to
Upstate News Headlines
- Hear Mumford & Sons Play Babel Deep Cuts and More on This Day in 2012
- AC/DC Reunite & Tease New Album
- Monsterland's Dreary, Uneven Fairy Tale Anthology Is Committed to Bumming You Out
- ABCs of Horror: “A” Is for Alice, Sweet Alice (1976)
- Raised by Wolves Finale: What In Sol's Name Did I Just Watch?
- Laura Jane Grace Surprise Releases New Album Stay Alive
- What PEN15 Gets Right About the Wild West of Early 2000s Chatroom Culture
- The 40 Best Horror Movies on Netflix Right Now
- Bendy Birds Yoga Thursday at Birds Fly South
- Al Michaels Has Message For Those Pushing ‘NFL Ratings Tank’ Narrative: ‘What Are You Talking About?: TRAINA THOUGHTS