Three people, including a juvenile, have been charged in connection with a double homicide in rural Gaston County last week.
According to Gaston County Police, officers were called to a shooting on Lowery Wood Road, just off Lewis Farm Road, around midnight on Feb. 18. Whe officers got to the scene, they found 22-year-old Robert “Luke” Gibby and 19-year-old Adam Wood dead from gunshot wounds.
After an investigation, detectives obtained warrants for a suspect: 19-year-old Michael Barnes of Taylorsville, North Carolina. Barnes was wanted for two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted first-degree murder. He was booked in the Gaston County Jail Monday morning. He is being held without bond.
Two other suspects were identified in the shooting. Kaleb Isiah Carver, 21, of Taylorsville, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted first-degree murder. Deputies also arrested a juvenile, who is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- McMaster Applauds Texas Governor on Lifting Mask Restrictions
- 94-year-old crossing guard has no plans to slow down
- Security Heightened In DC Due To QAnon Conspiracy Theory About March 4
- Pandemic causes litter to pile up along SC roadways
- Vaccine supply remains obstacle in getting Phase 1B going in South Carolina
- Aloft Greenville Downtown foster program returns
- Three men charged in double homicide, deputies say
- Watch SpaceX Starship SN10 explode shortly after landing
- Mississippi told to pay $500,000 to wrongfully imprisoned man
- Local essential workers hopeful as COVID-19 vaccine becomes available to them