You already know and love Ree Drummond, the brains behind the powerful The Pioneer Woman blog, cooking show, clothing line, and beyond. But have you ever stopped to wonder about her husband, Ladd Drummond? This is everything you need to know about The Pioneer Woman’s husband.
Long before dating apps became the dominating force in romance, people used to meet in person, randomly and by happenstance.
That’s exactly how it happened for Ladd Drummond and Ree Smith. These two lovebirds met at a bar in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. As the story goes, Ree had moved back home to Oklahoma after living in Los Angeles. It was supposed to be a short stopover where she could catch her breath for a few months before moving on to Chicago. One night, she decided to meet up with a few girlfriends for a casual night on the town.
She spotted Ladd across the room and was immediately struck by his cowboy look. According to her recollection, he was sipping on a bottle of beer while wearing cowboy boots and a pair of Wrangler jeans. The two struck up a conversation, while Ree tried to keep her eyes off of his “big and strong” hands, according to her blog.
Watch this video to see who the Pioneer Woman’s husband really is!
They met at a bar | 0:17
Two weeks to unlikely love | 1:08
“The Marlboro Man” | 2:30
Married in cowboy boots | 3:21
Recipe inspiration | 4:11
A loving dad | 5:38
Still very much in love | 6:32
Oklahoma Hall of Fame induction | 7:24
Ranching family | 8:32
He loves dogs | 10:03
Building a tourist destination | 10:55
Upstate News Headlines
- Greer Tidbits Previews The Greer Christmas Celebration
- Take a Video Tour of the Environmental Science and Sustainability Center at Roper Mountain Science Center
- Trump files lawsuit challenging Wisconsin election results
- Dabo Swinney talks Trevor Lawrence in Heisman race, Virginia Tech
- Police: Murder suspect accused of removing ankle monitor arrested in NC after more than a week on the run
- Upstate organization to hold toy run for the Julie Valentine Center
- Upstate company announces $100 million expansion creating over 500 new jobs
- More than half of Catawba Police Department officers resign
- Martinis and Mistletoe event to kick off Festival of Trees
- Clemson running back Darien Rencher named as recipient of the 2020 Disney Spirit Award