Chris Como has been working with the golfer for two years and says the US Open champion is ‘extremely curious and driven’
It is quite the achievement to pull attention away from Tiger Woods, the defending champion at a Masters to be played in November without galleries. Bryson DeChambeau’s propensity to break with convention is instead the story of this year. Should Woods dress DeChambeau in a Green Jacket next Sunday, the scale of reaction promises to be extraordinary.
DeChambeau was not exactly a run-of-the-mill PGA Tour player before Covid-19 struck but few could have expected the scale or style of his subsequent rise. Victory in Detroit in July preceded US Open glory. The 27-year-old used lockdown to overhaul his body; the outcomes included 40lb in weight
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- History teacher explains the inauguration to kids, how to celebrate change
- Inaugural Poet Amanda Gorman reads ‘The Hill We Climb’
- President Trump leaves White House for final time on Marine One: full video
- Man arrested after woman stabbed multiple times at SC Waffle House, deputies say
- South Carolina politicians, officials react to President Biden's inauguration, Trump presidency
- South Carolina's latest COVID-19 cases, deaths, percent positivity rate
- South Carolina Reports 3,567 New Cases as DHEC Gives COVID-19 Vaccine Update
- Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez and Garth Brooks perform at the inauguration
- Inaugural poet Amanda Gorman: 'Even as we grieved, we grew.'
- 'I'm just lost': Some seniors worry over lack of technology to make vaccination appointment