Some of Portland’s most acclaimed restaurants are contending with allegations of sexual harassment, toxic managers, and discriminatory behavior within their kitchens, after claims surfaced last week in a string of social media posts. The person who opened the floodgates is a restaurant owner herself: chef Maya Lovelace, of Southern restaurant Yonder and supper club Mae.
On July 1, Lovelace began posting screenshots of messages from food service workers about the toxicity of the Portland restaurant industry to her Instagram account.
Upstate News Headlines
- Ghost story: Ghosts make mischief at Greenwood's museum
- Scientists find elusive chameleon last seen 100 years ago
- Greenville County Sheriff’s Office investigating car burning in CVS parking lot
- Days before election, Graham, Harrison debate for final time
- State leaders facing 2nd wave resist steps to curb virus
- Study: 1 to 2 million tons of US plastic trash go astray
- Stocks just wrapped up their worst week since March
- How one summer camp's freewheeling approach led to 118 coronavirus cases
- CDC lifts ban on cruises and paves way for return to sailing
- Deputies searching for missing girls in Pickens