From hitchhikers to helpful weather watchers to Hollywood stars – ghosts can come in many different forms. There are plenty of ghost stories from all over the country but we narrowed it down to these: the most famous ghosts in American history.
Probably the most famous ghost in American history is the Bell Witch, a poltergeist who messed with the Bell family of Adams, Tennessee, from 1817 to 1821. According to BellWitch.org, a spirit claiming to be “Old Kate Batts’s witch” drove John Bell, Sr. and his kids to the brink of insanity with constant knocking and scratching sounds, and physical assaults like hair-pulling.
This phenomena began when John saw a weird animal that looked like a black dog with a rabbit’s head out in his field, which is fairly weird, even by poltergeist standards. While Kate liked to harass the Bells’ youngest daughter Betsy and father John, she showed a lot of affection for Bell’s wife, Lucy, giving her fruit and singing her hymns.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to climb underground and possibly be harassed by a ghost, great news: the Bell Witch Cave, where Kate’s ghost is said to reside since leaving the Bells behind in 1821, is a popular tourist spot.
Watch the video for more about The Most Famous Ghosts In American History!
The Bell Witch | 0:00
Resurrection Mary | 1:23
Gray Man of Pawleys Island | 2:18
The Cottage City Poltergeist | 3:08
Lincoln in the White House | 4:18
The Amityville Haunting | 5:22
The Greenbrier Ghost | 6:50
Charles B. Rosna | 7:56
The Madonna of Bachelor’s Grove | 8:56
The Lemp Family’s haunted house | 9:46
Evelyn McHale | 10:34
Marilyn Monroe | 11:13
Read Full Article: https://www.grunge.com/71951/famous-ghosts-american-history/
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- New Entertainment District could be coming to Greenville's west end
- The Latest: India vaccinates 2 million health workers
- 'Give her to us': Victoria Smith's biological family makes plea
- Harvey Guillén Breaks Down His Zoey's Playlist Departure, Teases What We Do in the Shadows Season 3
- Even with coronavirus vaccine distribution set to increase, upcoming months could be rough
- Greenville County Schools call on lawmakers to approve funds for teacher step increases
- Senior Bowl a chance to evaluate, but also develop
- A crocheted Bernie Sanders doll raised more than $40K for charity in an online auction
- Democrats prep President Biden's COVID-19 aid package with or without GOP
- Let down your hair: Army unveils new rules for ponytails, nail color