After many months of social distancing, mask-wearing, and lockdowns, it’s hard to imagine living in a COVID-free world. While there’s no way to know for certain when it will happen, someday, we will be able to leave our houses and congregate safely without masks. When those days do come, here are some of the first things you should do after COVID-19.
Support a Local Business
The pandemic has hit local businesses hard in the last several months. With continually changing restrictions, many companies have struggled to stay afloat. Once it is safe to do so, try to dine in at your favorite restaurant and shop at small businesses to get them back on their feet quicker and support the local community.
Take a Vacation
Everyone deserves a vacation after enduring the stress of living through a pandemic. Many folks had to cancel their travel plans to stay safe in the past year. As soon as traveling become safe again, book a trip to a destination you’ve always wanted to see. Taking some time to travel will benefit your health after a long, mentally and physically draining period of staying home.
Reconnect With Friends and Family
Being unable to visit freely with family and friends is one of the most dreadful parts of this pandemic. While technology makes connecting virtually an option, nothing compares to face-to-face interaction. Visit with all the family and friends you haven’t seen. Give them hugs, and spend hours enjoying being in the same room for the first time in a long time.
Pick up Old Hobbies
Many people have had to give up some of their favorite hobbies for safety reasons this year. Enjoy jumping back into playing or attending sporting events, going to the gym, visiting the movie theater, or even relishing in a day of worry-free shopping.
Everyone’s lives look a little different amid the COVID-19 pandemic. However, when we can return to normal life, visiting friends and family, traveling, enjoying old hobbies, and supporting local businesses are some of the first things you should do after COVID-19.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Upstate woman dies at hospital following crash in North Carolina, coroner says
- Man killed in fight at Upstate home, coroner says
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- Videocast: Cool and breezy today
- Coroner: Chesnee woman dies at Spartanburg hospital after collision in western N.C.
- Spartanburg PD: Fight with weapons leads to man's death
- Winning numbers drawn in 'Mega Millions' game
- Here are the winning numbers for Mega Millions' Friday drawing for $750 million
- NYT: A man has over $200 million worth of Bitcoin, but he forgot the password to access it
- Upstate County Councilwoman passes away from COVID-19 complications, family says