Carmen Maria Machado is the author of the bestselling memoir In the Dream House and the short-story collection Her Body and Other Parties, which was a finalist for the National Book Award. She’s writing from the Philadelphia home in which she’s sheltered and convalesced since March.
Two weeks before the city of Philadelphia went into lockdown, I was in an airport in Ixtapa, Mexico, staring at a travel advisory about the coronavirus. It was early enough that
Upstate News Headlines
- Cat 3 Major Hurricane Zeta Track & Impact Forecast – Jamaica, La, Ms, Al, Fl – WeatherMan Plus
- Some doctors fighting the pandemic now have another thing to worry about
- iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Hands-On Review
- Book Talk: The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier by Ree Drummond
- US breaks daily record for COVID-19 cases, recording 80,000 in one day | ABC News
- ACC Week 07 Syracuse at Clemson NCAA 14 Simulation College Football Revamped
- Work already underway for presidential inauguration
- Armed guards at St. Pete early voting site told deputies they were hired by Trump campaign, election
- Is your local McDonald’s ice cream machine broken? A new map has the answer (finally).
- Congressional races heat up as Democrats try to flip Senate