Rising to fame in the early ’70s, Alice Cooper was rock’s first villain. His bloody stage antics and outrageous persona made him beloved by kids and hated by parents. But behind the scenes, it was all just an act put on by a surprisingly regular guy. This is the crazy real-life story of Alice Cooper.
The man who would become the godfather of shock rock was born Vincent Furnier on February 4, 1948, in Detroit, Michigan. A self-described “all-American kid,” Alice Cooper grew up an avid baseball fan and continues to love the game to this day.
In his 2007 memoir, Golf Monster, Cooper explained…
“I lived for baseball. When the sun came up, I grabbed my glove and I was ready to play until the sun went down, when you couldn’t see the ball anymore and it was time to rush home for dinner.”
The only downside to Cooper’s happy childhood was his frequent bouts of asthma. On doctor’s orders, the Furniers left Detroit for the drier climates of Los Angeles, and later settled permanently in Phoenix, Arizona.
Keep watching for more about The Crazy Real-Life Story Of Alice Cooper.
An all-American boy | 0:00
Along came The Spiders | 1:04
On the road to infamy | 1:54
The name game | 2:34
Becoming Alice Cooper | 3:28
A killer run | 4:47
Welcome to his nightmare | 6:16
Alice versus the bottle | 7:27
Back from the grave | 8:46
Alice gets tee’d off | 10:02
A family that rocks | 11:07
The unstoppable Alice Cooper | 12:05
Read Full Article: https://www.grunge.com/246844/the-crazy-real-life-story-of-alice-cooper/
Upstate News Headlines
- Learn How To Make Easy DIY Hot Cocoa Bombs for the Holidays
- Watch The Avett Brothers World Cafe At Home Session
- 60 Seconds with Jo: Swinney Reacts to ACC Sceduling Decision
- Two Minute Drill: Trevor Lawrence on Va Tech, the Heisman, and more
- Two Minute Drill: Dabo Swinney on Va Tech, The Heisman, and more
- Five Places Where Eighty Percent of Covid-19 Transmission Occurs
- Officials: Detour will be in place for part of I-85/ 385 interchange this weekend, if weather permits
- Ree Drummond’s Loaded How to Make Pioneer Woman’s Crash Hot Potatoes
- Fantasy Football Week 13 Preview
- Toy drive to benefit the Julie Valentine Center happening Friday