The Children’s Museum of the Upstate is turning 10 and celebrating with a huge day of fun this Saturday. There will be children’s activities throughout the day and contest with great prizes. Learn more at tcmupstate.org
Saturday, July 27, 2019
Featuring Special Guests:
Steve Langley’s Soap Bubble Circus: Explore bubbles in a new and exciting way! From bubble sculptures to scientific bubble demonstrations, all bubble-loves will enjoy these fascinating tricks! *Performances at 11 and 11:30am only
Happy Birthday with DRUM Percussion Studio: End our birthday party with music from DRUM Percussion Studio! During this special performance, DRUM Percussion Studio will perform a special version of “Happy Birthday.” You don’t want to miss this museum-wide sing-along and dance party! *2:30pm only
- Collaborative Art Project – Art is all around the museum! Help us create our newest, permanent art piece.
- Confetti Room – Make confetti fly with wind tunnels. Stop by the confetti room to make confetti angels and join a confetti party.
- Birthday Hats – The party isn’t complete with birthday hats! Stop by Imagine It to create your own celebratory hat.
- Cake Drop – You’ve seen us throw pumpkins from the roof during Boo!Seum and almost-rotten watermelons from the roof during Mess Fess. Today, we are throwing birthday cakes from the roof! How big of a splat will a three tiered cake make? *1:00pm only, weather permitting
- Spark!Lab Birthday Inventions – Design your own birthday cake and invent something new for our birthday party.
- Story Time and More – Join us for a birthday-themed story time! Today’s story time is for all ages! Pay attention to new times today due to extra activities: *10am, 12pm, and 2pm only.
- Scavenger Hunt – Participate in a museum wide scavenger hunt to enter to win a free membership! This is taking place all during the month of July, but a winner will be drawn at the birthday party! Click to learn more.
- Super Science Demos – Celebrate science with experiments all day including dry ice, bouncing bubble, birthday balloon science and more! *9:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, and 3:30pm only
- Open Art Studios – Create paper birthday cards and playdough birthday cakes in art today. *10am-4pm
Extra Special Promotions
- 10 cents for 10 years – The museum can’t do what we do without you! To help us celebrate 10 years, we are asking everyone to consider donating 10 cents for 10 years back to their museum! Drop your coins in a special spin wheel to give back! Interested in making a larger donation? Learn more here.
- Win Southwest Airlines Tickets – During the month of July, post a selfie with you and your family in the museum on Instagram and Facebook, tag us @TCMUpstate and use the hashtag #TCMUTurns10 to be entered to win 2 round-trip Southwest Airline Tickets! Terms and conditions apply.
- Spin the Wheel and Win – Every family can spin our wheel to get a prize!
Upstate News Headlines
- Why don’t the Electoral College and popular vote always match up? l ABC News
- Record turnout in key county has Democrats hoping to turn Texas blue
- Would Trevor Lawrence play in Clemson vs. Notre Dame if he can’t practice?
- Get Up debates analytics vs. the eye test
- Power Outages Still Affecting the Upstate
- Landslide shuts down part of NC highway Friday morning
- This man is flying from California to Pennsylvania to make sure his vote is counted
- Emergency officials: Landslide blocking highway; drivers asked to avoid area
- Duke Energy makes progress on power outages, but more than 105,000 in our area still in the dark
- Pandemic leads to new friendship between UPS driver, 4-year-old boy