Are they weiners, frankfurters, coneys, weenies or just hot dogs? No matter what you call them, you definitely know a great dog when you taste one. Here is our ranking of hot dogs that can be bought in a grocery store, from worst to best.
While Bar-S has sold the most hot dogs in America every single year since 2006, it’s not because everyone loves them. Rather, people buy Bar-S brand because they are almost always the cheapest hot dogs available. If you’re feeding a bunch of hungry kids, you might as well go with the cheapest ones around, right?
If you taste Bar-S Classic Franks without any condiments on top, you’ll find that they are legitimately terrible. From their wretched smell while being cooked in the microwave to their filmy texture once they enter your mouth, you will regret going the cheap route when you eat these hot dogs.
You probably bought these hot dogs because you thought you were going the healthier route by eating turkey. While it can be argued whether these hot dogs are actually healthier than the ones made out of beef or pork, what you can’t deny is how absolutely bland Jennie-O Turkey Franks taste. After you take a bite, you are greeted by virtually no discernable flavors. Then the meat just starts disintegrating in your mouth.
Jennie-O claims that their turkey franks have 40 percent less fat than comparable beef franks. While that may be statistically true, they also have about 99 percent less flavor.
Watch the video to learn more about the best and worst hot dogs to buy at the grocery store!
Bar-S Classic Franks | 0:15
Jennie-O Turkey Franks | 0:53
Eckrich Cheese Franks | 1:26
Oscar Mayer Classic Beef Uncured Franks | 1:55
Ball Park Original Beef Franks | 2:37
Wellshire Sugar-Free All-Natural Beef Franks | 3:13
Sugardale Hot Dogs | 3:42
Applegate Naturals Beef Hot Dogs | 4:07
Boar’s Head Uncured Beef Frankfurters | 4:40
Dietz & Watson Deli Beef Franks | 5:14
Sabrett Skinless Beef Frankfurters | 5:44
Hebrew National All Natural Uncured Beef Franks | 6:10
Nathan’s Famous Angus Beef Franks | 6:39
Upstate News Headlines
- These Are Hands Down The Greatest Sandwiches Of All Time
- Greenville PD offers advice on protecting packages from porch pirates in 2020
- Southeast Weather: Wild Start to December?
- Thanksgiving food distribution happening today in Greenville County
- Turkey Day 5-Can Run marks 29th year
- News Update from FOX Carolina
- Shooting on Interstate 26 near Charleston kills man
- 8 Ways to Watch Movies Online with Friends and Family This Holiday Season
- Record Time: New & Notable Vinyl Releases (November 2020)
- On the Move: Mikaela Duchnak