This year marks the 6th annual ‘King of the James’ adventure triathlon in Downtown Richmond, Virginia. On Sunday, November 15th, individuals and teams will battle it out as they run the Forest Hill Trail loop, mountain bike Buttermilk and North Bank Trails, and paddle the urban whitewater found deep in the heart of Richmond’s fall line.
From left to right: Leaving the startline during the 2016 KOTJ photo Rich Young. New Hardware for the King and Queen Photo by Rich Young. Open Boater runs Pipeline Rapid during the 2018 KOTJ photo Dave Perrisch.
This unique urban adventure triathlon has quickly become a tradition within the Richmond outdoor community. It is a celebration of not only the James River Park System, but also the community of people that make Richmond such a great place to live and play. Ultimately, raising needed funds for the James River Park is the goal of
Upstate News Headlines
- The Real Origins of 15 Urban Legends
- 13 Inventors Killed By Their Own Inventions
- What It’s Like Working On A New York City Food Truck
- Making Scary Candy With Stump Sohla
- The Man Who Eats Roadkill
- Can This Chef Cook A 3-Course Meal With A Waffle Iron?
- I Tried To Recreate 4 Disney Halloween Treats • Tasty
- 10 Minute Morning Yoga For Back Pain
- Family Recreates McDonald’s Drive-Thru
- U.S. Marshals hunt for 'dangerous fugitive' wanted for drug trafficking, officials say