There are many traditional Thanksgiving dishes that everyone looks forward to. There are also, however, plenty of duds that no one wants to eat. Don’t clutter your table with this holiday filler food. Avoid these menu options at all costs.
Ambrosia salad can hardly even be classified as a salad, and honestly deserves no place on your Thanksgiving table. This mixture of marshmallows, whipped topping, canned fruit, and sometimes nuts, coconut, spices, or maraschino cherries, is a gummy mess of flavors that, if it belongs anywhere, belongs on your dessert table. It just doesn’t go with the rest of the flavors you’re serving and is way, way too sweet. If you do serve it, be prepared to end up with a mountain of leftovers.
As Kaitlin Steinberg from The Houston Press noted, wild rice stuffing is basically the worst kind of stuffing. Dried fruit, sage, thyme, sautéed veggies, sausage, and the like don’t all taste exactly right with rice. And not only that, but wild rice tastes more ‘health food’ than Thanksgiving. It doesn’t pair well with gravy, because the rice won’t soak it up like bread-based stuffing will. It’s basically like bird seed. Skip it, you and all of your guests will be glad that you did.
No one wants to eat a green salad on Thanksgiving, of all days. There’s room for green vegetables on your Thanksgiving table, but make them thoughtfully chosen sides instead of a boring green salad that you eat any number of nights the rest of the year. Green beans, peas, Brussels sprouts – all these and more are good choices for Thanksgiving. Regular old lettuce is not welcome here.
Keep watching to see Thanksgiving Dishes No One Wants To See On Your Table!
Ambrosia salad | 0:00
Wild rice stuffing | 0:50
A green salad | 1:18
Boiled veggies | 1:44
Corn pudding | 2:01
Oyster stuffing | 2:33
Cranberry sauce | 2:57
Giblet gravy | 3:25
Tofurky | 3:58
A store-bought veggie tray | 4:30
Read Full Article: https://www.mashed.com/96851/thanksgiving-dishes-one-wants-see-table/
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC Reports Over 1000 New Covid-19 Infections Sunday
- Completed Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump
- 10 Biggest Fast Food SUCCESSES Of All Time!!!
- $5,000 relief checks on the way to 60 business owners challenged by the pandemic
- Trump Appears to Throw Georgia Governor Kemp Under the Bus for Election Loss
- Clemson Moves to #3 in Latest AP College Football Poll
- Coroner’s office identifies passenger killed in collision north of Easley
- COVID-19 Vaccines Likely To Be Distributed Before Biden Inaugurated, Doctor Says
- DHEC: Two Upstate counties see highest number of new cases in latest COVID-19 update
- GCSO: Possible kidnapping victim located safe, carjacking investigation still ongoing