The eighth annual SEC/Big 12 challenge is slated to be held on Saturday, Jan. 30.
The eighth annual SEC/Big 12 Challenge will be held on Jan. 30 and there is no shortage of marquee games on the 2020 slate.
John Calipari and Kentucky will host Texas in a battle of high-profile programs in the non-conference battle, marking just the third all-time meeting between the two schools. Kentucky currently ranks No. 9 in Andy Katz’s preseason Power 36 rankings, while the Longhorns check in at No. 20.
A slate of other likely tournament teams will face off on Jan. 30. Tennessee is slated to host Kansas in a potential battle of top-10 teams, and Baylor will host Auburn. Scott Drew’s squad finished No. 5 in the final AP Poll of 2019-20, while the Tigers reached the Final Four in 2018-19.
2020 will mark the eighth year of the SEC/Big 12 challenge. The Big
Upstate News Headlines
- Shooting on Interstate 26 near Charleston kills man
- 8 Ways to Watch Movies Online with Friends and Family This Holiday Season
- Record Time: New & Notable Vinyl Releases (November 2020)
- On the Move: Mikaela Duchnak
- Residents in Easley complain of mass power outage on Thanksgiving morning
- Covid-19 fact generator: A handy tool for your Thanksgiving dinner
- 3 Tips for COVID-19 Risk Management
- Centre Stage announces a virtual Christmas Spectacular for 2020
- Groups in the Upstate work to give back this Thanksgiving
- Pickens County Schools scale back reopening plan