BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) Rowdy Tellez drove in four runs with two homers and a double, and the Toronto Blue Jays defeated the Boston Red Sox 9-1 on Wednesday night.
Vladimir Guererro Jr. hit a pair of doubles, including a three-run bouncer down the left field line which keyed a four-run seventh inning for Toronto (15-14).
Down to a three-man rotation, Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo’s bid to go with what he called a ”bullpen day” of relievers paid off in a game five Toronto pitchers combined to allow three hits, struck out seven and walked three.
Rookie right-hander Shun Yamaguchi (1-2) got the win in allowing one run on two hits over four innings of relief for Toronto, which bounced back a day after squandering a 4-0 lead in a 9-7 loss to Boston. He took over in the third after Jason Merryweather allowed one hit and struck out three in
Upstate News Headlines
- DHEC warns SC at ‘pivotal point’ as state sees highest single-day spike in new virus cases yet
- District: Chase ends with burglary suspect’s arrest on an Upstate school’s property, disrupting dismissal
- TL Hanna apologizes after some parents were upset that they were not able to buy first batch of state championship tickets
- Clemson announces plan to offer COVID-19 testing to community this month
- 72-year-old Lexington SC woman dead after being shot in the face
- Polk County Deputies: Traffic stop turns into drug bust after short struggle with suspect
- Greenville Co. Schools declines rapid COVID-19 tests being offered by state, asks anyone who has symptoms to stay home
- Greenwood police: One injured in shooting on Phoenix St.
- US House votes to decriminalize marijuana at federal level
- Buncombe deputies searching for missing man