That could have been Carolina’s last offensive chance, but the defense got another stop. The Bears helped the Panthers, too, by throwing an incomplete pass on third-and-2 to save Carolina’s last timeout.
So the Panthers had 92 seconds and a timeout to drive 80 yards in a seven-point game.
“I know that everybody on the team really believed that was going to be the drive in which we were going to score, tie up the game, and ultimately end up trying to win toward the end, whether it was overtime or however it shaped up,” left tackle Russell Okung said. “The belief was there.”
But the execution wasn’t. On the drive’s first play, Bridgewater was intercepted by safety DeAndre Houston-Carson on a pass over the middle intended for Moore.
“That last interception, obviously that’s unfortunate,” Rhule said. “It can’t happen.”
- Panthers in the power rankings before bye week
- Happy Half Hour Recap: Toboggan or beanie?
- South Carolina State vs. Clemson Condensed Game
- Dabo Swinney previews upcoming road game against VT
- What happens if Florida wins out? A ‘chaotic finish,’ according to Paul Finebaum | KJZ
- Why is Ohio State a College Football Playoff team if they play so few games?
- If Clemson beats Notre Dame in ACC title game, will both make the playoff?
- HUGE NBA Trade! | Russell Westbrook To Washington Wizards, John Wall To Houston Rockets!
- How these 10 TEAMS can still reach the College Football Playoff
- Brian Kelly previews potential Notre Dame rematch vs. Clemson in ACC Championship
Upstate News Headlines
- Greenville Tops State For New Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- First Person in United States to try COVID-19 Vaccine Talks Side Effects
- DHEC: More than 1,700 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in SC Thursday, plus 21 new virus deaths
- Former US Attorney Asks for Investigation Into Lindsey Graham & Election Crimes
- Deputies: 2 suspects mentioned in ‘Code Red’ alert have been captured in Greenville County
- The Latest: Biden picks Deese for National Economic Council
- Abbeville High School’s football state championship game will be rescheduled, SCHSL announces
- Police ask for help locating 3 teens from Mauldin, not seen since Tuesday
- Greenville & Upstate South Carolina Breweries Offer Great Socially Distanced Holiday Fun
- GBI: Drug investigation leads to sexual exploitation of children charges against 57-year-old suspect