Jason Sudeikis reprises his role as a befuddled coach in England, with his viral NBC promos evolving into a full-on TV show. He explains the story of how it happened.
There’s a scene in Ted Lasso, where the title character–Jason Sudeikis’s American football coach who abruptly turns into a Premier League manager–sprints to the assistant referee in the middle of a crucial match after raising his flag for an offside call.
“Come on, now! What do you mean? How’s that offside?” complains Lasso, with his characteristic Kansan drawl as the linesman looks at him with confusion.
“What?” asks the official.
Lasso gets closer. “No, I’m serious. How’s that offside…I don’t understand it yet.”
This lack of complete understanding and across-the-pond confusion is one way to describe the essence of Apple TV+’s latest sitcom, which originated from a 2013 NBC Sports promo. That’s where Sudeikis introduced his character as part
Upstate News Headlines
- Health Care Workers Say Patients Don’t Believe They Have Covid-19
- Upcountry History Museum Exhibit Host Original Costumes movie “White Christmas
- SC health leaders discuss Covid-19 vaccine process and timeline
- Piedmont Natural Gas reconsidering pipeline route after property owners mobilized against the projec
- Preparing for COVID-19 vaccine: SC health leaders discuss process and timeline
- Grab an umbrella, you’ll need it later Friday
- After 21 years in prison, Spartanburg woman reunited with family
- Upstate Most Wanted: 12-3-2020
- Greenville Co. Schools updates quarantine policy
- Pastor John Gray of Relentless Church Discusses Legal Battle