Ready to pack the car full of kids, gear, and snacks, and get out of town for the weekend? Load up the playlists and head north along the 1-81 corridor. Explore the sites and towns along the way, making sure to include a leisurely drive along a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Finally, make Waynesboro your home base for a few days of fun before heading home.
I-81 to Blue Ridge Parkway
Start your adventure by heading north on I-81 through the beautiful Shenandoah Valley to Lexington. Follow Route 11 and then Route 56 west to the Blue Ridge Parkway at Tye River Gap, Milepost 27.2. The magnificent Blue Ridge Parkway stretches 569 miles along the Blue Ridge Mountains. Refer to the interactive map for info about trails, campgrounds, waystops, road closures, and overlooks.
There are many great places to pause along this stretch of your journey, but keep an eye
Upstate News Headlines
- The Merge Records Roster Covers Georgia Bands to Raise Money for Stacey Abrams' Fair Fight
- The Funniest Tweets of the Week
- Former Marine, fiance trying to move forward after their houseboat sank
- Greenville Law Enforcement hold 20th annual Eric Nicholson Blood drive
- DHEC outlines vaccine plans
- T.L. Hanna addresses state championship ticket issue
- Upstate radio station hosts toy drive
- Greenville County Schools declines rapid COVID-19 testing kits
- Man charged for September homicide
- South Carolina sees highest daily COVID-19 spike since pandemic began