The Greenville Swamp Rabbits are proud to announce the signing of goaltender John Lethemon to a Standard Player Contract for the 2020-21 season. Lethemon joins Greenville after four seasons competing in the Big-10 conference with Michigan State University.
“Lethemon, in our mind, was one of the top goaltenders in the college ranks last season,” said Swamp Rabbits Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Andrew Lord. “His accomplishments in the Big-Ten speak for itself after a great senior year, and we’re really excited to have him.”
In his senior year campaign during 2019-20, the Northville, Michigan native posted a 15-15-2 record, along with a sparkling 2.13 goals against average and nationally sixth ranked .935 save percentage. Lethemon, 24, was named one of ten semifinalists for the Mike Richter Award, which goes to the nation’s top goaltender.
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits will welcome fans back inside Bon Secours Wellness Arena for live entertainment on December 5. The Swamp Rabbits face the South Carolina Stingrays in preseason action scheduled for a 7:05 p.m. puck drop. Tickets are now available online
Greenville will open the 2020-21 regular season on December 11 in Charleston against the Stingrays. Greenville is slated to open the home portion of their regular season schedule on December 18 against the Florida Everblades.
SEASON TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!
Support the Swamp Rabbits and get the best price on tickets for the 2020–21 season. Take part in team events and get some sweet benefits, starting at just $450 per seat, or just $12.50 per game.
Upstate News Headlines
- Preview Home Team BBQ Coming to Holland Park in Greenville SC!
- Greenville County Schools reports more than 100 new COVID-19 cases this week
- Health Care Workers Say Patients Don’t Believe They Have Covid-19
- Upcountry History Museum Exhibit Host Original Costumes movie “White Christmas
- SC health leaders discuss Covid-19 vaccine process and timeline
- Piedmont Natural Gas reconsidering pipeline route after property owners mobilized against the projec
- Preparing for COVID-19 vaccine: SC health leaders discuss process and timeline
- Grab an umbrella, you’ll need it later Friday
- After 21 years in prison, Spartanburg woman reunited with family
- Upstate Most Wanted: 12-3-2020