The Greenville Swamp Rabbits (12-9-5-2), 4th in the Eastern Conference, will battle the Rapid City Rush in a three-game set beginning Friday, March 5, 2021. In Rapid’s first 30 games, the Rush sport a 12-17-1-0 record. Greenville continues their Western Conference swing after claiming two of three games over the Allen Americans last weekend at Bon Secours Wellness Arena. The Rabbits won on Thursday night by a 4-1 margin before taking Saturday night’s rubber match, 6-4 over Allen.
Women in Sports Night Set for March 13th
MEIRELES EARNS PROMOTION TO AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE
On Saturday, the Florida Panthers, proud National Hockey League affiliate of the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, reassigned Swamp Rabbits rookie forward Greg Meireles to the American Hockey League’s Syracuse Crunch.
The 22-year-old first-year pro skated in 24 games with the Swamp Rabbits this season and posted 18 points (six goals, 12 assists). Meireles currently sits second in the ECHL rookie scoring race, only two points off from Utah’s Matthew Boucher. Meireles is also tied for second in rookie assists, only one helper shy of teammate Ben Finkelstein. The reigning ECHL Rookie of the Month for January earned assists in seven straight games from December 27, 2020-January 17, 2021.
Prior to turning pro, Meireles spent parts of five seasons with the Kitchener Rangers from 2015-2020. In his major junior career, Meireles totaled 239 points (99 goals, 140 assists) in 244 Ontario Hockey League games. Meireles concluded his OHL career in 2019-20 finishing third on Kitchener in scoring with 65 points (31 goals, 34 assists) in 48 games.
Swamp Rabbits to Play 13 Games in March
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits will hit the ice for 13 games in March beginning this coming Friday. The Rabbits will battle the Rapid City Rush in South Dakota for a three-game set from March 5-7. From South Dakota to the Sunshine State, Greenville will face-off in Jacksonville on March 11-12. The Bits return home on Saturday, March 13 for the finale of three games in three nights against the Icemen. Greenville will play host to the Florida Everblades for the first time since Opening Weekend with a three-game set from March 19-21. The month concludes with one more three-game series against Jacksonville from March 26-28. The series opens in Jacksonville on March 26 before shifting to the Upstate on March 27-28.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- 814 new and probable COVID-19 cases and 15 deaths reported in South Carolina April 14th
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It
- Daily Cleaning Tasks All Offices Must Complete
- Greenville’s Children’s Museum Celebrates America’s Heroes this May
- Live Music Returns With a New Series at Columbia Speedway
- Greenville CVS Pharmacies Showing Available Covid-19 Vaccination Appointments Tuesday
- How To Know When Your Drain Has a Serious Problem