Summer on Augusta, presented by Virginia Hayes of Coldwell Banker Caine, will take place June 15-18th 2017. Special events will take place along Augusta Road as local businesses celebrate Summer with festivities, block parties, kids activities, southern themed events, tomato pie contest, great food, cool drinks, live music and much more! It’s a great time on the road. Stay cool and beat the heat at Summer on Augusta.
Greenville, SC – Augusta Road Business Association (ARBA) announces the 2017 Summer on Augusta Festival, which will take place June 15 to 18, and is presented by Virginia Hayes of Coldwell Banker Caine. This four day celebration has always been held in July but due to the high heat temperatures the members of ARBA have moved the dates to June. “The Association members want the Greenville community to come out and enjoy the festivities in a little cooler weather. June will still be hot but hopefully more comfortable than the end of July” said Clair Ray, Director of Summer on Augusta.
Summer on Augusta is a community festival celebrating one of Greenville’s most historic business districts. Festivities and live music will take place all along Augusta Road. Supporting sponsors include Muncaster Financial Services, Southern First Bank and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices C. Dan Joyner, REALTORS, and Priority One Security.
The 2017 Summer on Augusta events are created to celebrate summer in the south with many themed events and attractions. Our returning events include the Tomato Pie Contest, Block Party at Capers Place, Grillin’ and Chillin’ at Augusta Commons, Hound Dog Social at Augusta Village, Shaggin’ on Augusta and Shag Contest, and the SOA finale Sunday at South End. We are excited to add the SOA After Hours at The Common Cure this year. Visit www.onlyonaugusta.com for more information.
This annual celebration is created by members of Augusta Road Business Association to bring the community together for good food, great music and family friendly atmosphere. Music and southern style food is a focus of Summer on Augusta. Local musicians playing will be Layton Meacham, The Shag Doctorz, Spencer Rush and many more.
Upstate News Headlines
- Buehler leads Dodgers over Rays 6-2 for 2-1 Series lead
- Charlie Morton Flips His Own Postseason Narrative in Game 3
- ‘Darkest days in history’: Expert reacts to Covid-19 milestone
- South Korean officials find ‘no direct link’ between flu vaccine and recent deaths
- Bodycam shows Texas deputy saving 20-day-old baby that stopped breathing
- Crew killed when US Navy training aircraft crashes in Alabama
- Funeral held for Greenville County deputy killed in the line of duty
- Ghost story: Elizabeth of Trinity Episcopal Church
- National Drug Take back Day is Saturday