Same-sex weddings have been a boon for the wedding industry since gay marriage was legalized in 2015 — and in the years since, it’s boosted state and local economies by $3.8 billion, a new study estimates.The same-sex wedding industry also supported at least 45,000 jobs and generated more than $244.1 million in state and local sales tax since June 2015, according to the report from
Upstate News Headlines
- Fostering Great Ideas Host Great Big Give-a-Thon Tonight!
- GOP-led Senate panel advances Barrett despite Dems' boycott
- Man held woman against her will, assaulted her in UofSC student housing
- 'If she can do it, you can too!': Pandemic doesn't deter 102-year-old from voting
- Oak Hill Cafe Taking Reservations for Lost in Translation October Tasting Menu
- City of Simpsonville hosts “Simply Spooky Movie Night” this weekend at Heritage Park Amphitheater
- 20+ Halloween movies your family will want to watch again and again
- 2 dead from COVID-19 cases tied to North Carolina church event, health officials say
- Are Face Shields Better Than Masks For Coronavirus?
- Biden says if elected he will form bipartisan commission to recommend changes to Supreme Court