Strike Out Parkinson’s Day is going virtual this year! Please join us in supporting our members with Parkinson’s disease across the Upstate on Saturday, September 5th from 10am – 11am, but on a virtual link that we will share with everyone once you register.
Opening ceremonies will include the Star-Spangled Banner sung by our co-founder Stan Smith! We will have exercise segments, awards, and messages from members and sponsors.
While we are not able to gather in person for this special day, we do still need your participation! This is a member-driven event that celebrates what people with Parkinson’s disease CAN do with this disease, not what they can’t do.
Strike Out Parkinson’s Day funds contribute 30% of our annual budget. Please consider supporting us to reach our $100,000!
Will you start your team? Will you join a team? Will you share this with your circle of influence?
The GAPS staff wants to be able to continue to walk with this community far into the future.
We are excited to introduce a new addition to your Strike Out experience this year!
How it works:
- Start tracking the number of miles you walk (***It takes about 2,000 steps to walk 1 mile or 10,000 steps to walk 5 miles).
- For every 10 miles you walk, your team gets a run.
- Call or email your team managers at the end of each month to let them know how many miles you have moved. Not sure who your team manager is? Call us at 864-905-2574 for help! If you are not yet affiliated with a team, we are happy to add you to our GAPS House Team!
- These runs will be tallied up and contributed to your team’s overall score at Strike Out Parkinson’s Day! The team with the most miles will help their team win the Total Runs Award.
We know that these times are uncertain and can be extremely difficult without your regular social and physical support systems. We hope you will use Spring Training as a way to connect with your team before the event and incorporate exercise into your life in an enjoyable new way!
Thank you again for your support of GAPS.
We look forward to seeing all of you at Strike Out Parkinson’s Day 2020.
Upstate News Headlines
- ‘Everything on the table’ if COVID-19 spikes in City of Columbia, leaders say
- SC sees 755 COVID cases day after posting almost 1,300
- Halloween 2020 by the numbers
- Chapman announces football game against Clover cancelled
- Tips to have a safe, Happy Halloween in a COVID-19 world
- US seeing massive rise in COVID-19 cases as death toll steadily increases
- LCSD 55 expands student attendance, includes sixth grade, high school seniors
- As COVID-19 resurges, so does fear of more economic pain ahead
- Minnesota health department reports 3 COVID-19 outbreaks related to Trump campaign events
- Trump eyes hosting election night party at his DC hotel