Lake Conestee Nature Preserve (LCNP) is a 400+ acre wildlife sanctuary located just 5 miles south of downtown Greenville. We are open daily from dawn until dusk, and there is no entry fee to visit the Preserve. Because of our location and accessibility, we are an unmatched location for Greenvillians to enjoy all the signs of spring. With over 13 miles of trails, you are sure to find blooming wildflowers, baby ducks, turtles basking on logs, and plenty of sunshine.
Beyond just a place to escape from the frantic pace of Greenville living, we also provide a regular lineup of Saturday programs and events, where you and your family can come to learn, play, and create. Check out what we have coming up this spring and then like us on Facebook and Instagram so that you can get first notice of events for the rest of the year!
- March 27th – Rain Barrel Workshop. During this workshop, we’ll take you through assembly of a rain barrel! All tools and materials will be provided, and the completed rain barrel will be yours to take home.
- April 19-24th – Earth Day GooseChase. At LCNP, we celebrate Earth Day with a new take on the old fashioned scavenger hunt, which we call the GooseChase! You will form a team of up to 5 family members, friends, and/or coworkers. Throughout the week, we will announce different nature-based missions for your team to complete around your neighborhood and town, with points awarded for completion. The event will culminate in a fun day of exploration at the Preserve, with prizes awarded to the top teams!
- May 8th- Yoga in the Preserve. We will be offering yoga under our Shortleaf Shelter every second Saturday in May, June, and July. Come find your breath while enjoying the serenity of Henderson Meadow and the soothing sounds of the forest!
- May 22nd – Fairy House Construction. Bring your young ones for tales of fairies and goblins. Then create your own fairy house for all the mystical creatures that call LCNP home!
To learn more about the Preserve and our events please visit us on social media or at www.conesteepreserve.org.
Today’s Upstate Event Calendar
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- South Carolina Reports Over 760 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Monday
- Mac Arnold Cornbread & Collard Greens Blues Festival Set for Saturday in Fountain Inn
- Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit Coming to the Peace Center
- Bon Secours Psychiatrist Dr. Carson Felkel Discusses Covid-19’s Ongoing Impacts
- The Week Ahead: Events, Live Music and Food Truck Calendar for Greenville & The Upstate
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It