Laurel | Mike Ledford
Take a tour around Laurel
The building at 161 Rutledge Avenue has gone from space-themed pizzeria Nimbo’s to sleek new pintxo spot Laurel. The new eatery offers a menu of Spanish and Portuguese fare, like lamb meatballs, grilled octupus, and marinated mussels. Plates range from a few bites to full entrees. The wine list is heavy with bottles from Spain and Portugal, and the restaurant has a full bar.
Laurel is the work of chef Trae Wilson and restaurateur Joe Thomas. Wilson has been in the Charleston food and beverage world since the ‘90s when he ran Granville’s Cafe & Catering. WIlson told the Charleston City Paper that the inspiration for the menu was his travels in Spain.
Wilson also renovated the space himself. Take a look around here at the sleek lines of the bar, the fun lighting fixtures, and all the fun art. Laurel
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC
- How To Get Fit and Have Fun Doing It