As of Wednesday, a total of 868,819 vaccine doses have been administered in South Carolina. Of those, 619,884 were first doses, while 248,924 have gotten both doses. Two doses are required to be considered full vaccinated.
However, earlier in the day, an FDA report said the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which requires only one dose, is safe. That vaccine must still go before an FDA advisory board this Friday, and then finally to the FDA itself for emergency use authorization.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Ten Upstate South Carolina Weekend Events You Don’t Want to Miss
- Greenville Weekend Weather: Cooler with Scattered Showers Possible
- Fountain Inn Farmers Market Returns May 2nd
- Brett Barest Previews A Great Week Ahead for Greenville Live Music
- South Carolina Reports Over 1100 New and Probable Covid-19 Infections Thursday
- Dr. Brannon Traxler Named SC DHEC Public Health Director
- Tickets on Sale Now For Spring Albino Skunk Music Festival
- fête Greenville TV’s stuff to do – April 15 to 18
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC