Today, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) announced 921 new confirmed cases and 79 new probable cases of the novel coronavirus COVID-19, 40 additional confirmed deaths and 10 new probable deaths.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases to 160,384, probable cases to 7,101, confirmed deaths to 3,526, and 229 probable deaths.
The total number of individual test results reported to DHEC yesterday statewide was 8,459 (not including antibody tests) and the percent positive was 12.9%.
Who Should Get Tested?
If you are out and about in the community, around others, or not able to socially distance or wear a mask, we recommend that you get tested at least once a month.
Routine testing allows public health workers to diagnose those who are asymptomatic and interrupt the ongoing spread of the virus. Learn more about who should get tested here.
More than 590 Testing Opportunities Available Statewide
Testing for COVID-19 is essential because it helps identify people who are infected with the virus, whether they have symptoms or not.
DHEC is working with community partners to set up mobile testing clinics and make testing available in communities across the state. Currently, there are 336 mobile testing events scheduled through October 31 and there are 257 permanent COVID-19 testing facilities across the state. Find a testing clinic or event near you at scdhec.gov/covid19testing.
Hospital Bed Occupancy
Hospitals report their information each day to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services by way of TeleTracking, and that same reporting is also provided to DHEC. Click here to view data from today’s TeleTracking report.
For the latest information related to COVID-19 visit scdhec.gov/COVID-19. Visit scdmh.net for stress, anxiety and mental health resources from the S.C. Department of Mental Health.
*As new information is provided to the department, some changes in cases may occur. Cases are reported based on the person’s county of residence, as it is provided to the department. DHEC’s COVID-19 map will adjust to reflect any reclassified cases.
Upstate News Headlines
- Senate votes to advance Barrett toward final confirmation for Supreme Court
- Election could stoke US marijuana market, sway Congress
- President Trump aide says 'we're not going to control the pandemic'
- A family that raised $2 million for their baby's life-saving medical treatment has received it for free
- Pope Francis appoints America's first Black cardinal, Wilton Gregory
- Chick fil A Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe | Copycat Recipe
- Should We Trust Presidential Poll Numbers This Election Year? | Sunday TODAY
- South Carolina announces latest coronavirus update (October 25, 2020)
- ABCs of Horror: “Y” Is for You’re Next (2011)
- DHEC: South Carolina’s COVID-19 new confirmed cases double on Sunday