SEATTLE (AP) Raul Ruidiaz and Joevin Jones both scored twice and the Seattle Sounders set a franchise record for goals in a match with a 7-1 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes on Thursday night.
Seattle scored five goals faster than any team in MLS history, needing just 33 minutes to take a 5-0 lead on the hapless Earthquakes. The five goals in a half set a franchise record and Seattle tied the league record for most goals in a first half, joining Chicago in 2019 against Atlanta United and FC Dallas in 2017 against Real Salt Lake.
The Sounders added two more in the second half, becoming the ninth team in league history to score at least seven goals in a match. The league record for goals in a match is eight, set by the LA Galaxy in 1998 against Dallas.
The six-goal margin of victory was the worst loss
Upstate News Headlines
- Family mourns on birthday of Spartanburg teen killed in July 2020
- Trevor Lawrence on last game in Clemson: “There’s not many places like it”
- Meet Maxine “Big Momma” Davis. She just turned 100 and threw an axe to celebrate
- #1 Clemson vs Pittsburgh Highlights Plus Dabo’s Postgame Comments
- 1 dead, 14 injured following shooting at Aiken nightclub
- Tigers take out frustrations on Pitt in dominant Death Valley effort
- Troopers: Passenger killed in collision north of Easley
- Upstate Weather: Heavy Rain Arrives Sunday Night
- Upgrading Your Thanksgiving Leftovers (4 Ways)
- DHEC Announces Nearly 1800 Covid-19 Infections :: November 28th