North Carolina State and Virginia Tech were delayed but the ACC matchup will not be denied.
Scheduled to open the season in the head-to-head conference meeting on Sept. 12, the Wolfpack and Hokies were postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests and the quarantining of student-athletes at N.C. State.
Two weeks after that originally scheduled meeting, the Wolfpack and Hokies are set to hook up Saturday for a nighttime kickoff at Virginia Tech.
The meeting is the first between these programs since 2015.
The host Hokies finally arrive at their season opener after two delays.
Not only was Virginia Tech’s Sept. 12 game against N.C. State postponed for COVID-19 reasons, the Sept. 19 game versus Virginia — since rescheduled for Dec. 12 — was also scratched.
The Hokies are back on the field for gameday for the first time since losing two games in a row to end 2019 — at rival Virginia and then
Upstate News Headlines
- Netflix is raising prices for its standard and premium plans
- Sue Bird and Megan Rapinoe are now engaged
- Video shows how Lindsey Graham hasn’t always been pro-Trump
- Motorcyclist dies after swerving to miss pickup truck, troopers say
- DIY Buddy Halloween Costumes 2020
- Dollar Store DIY Halloween Costumes Challenge | Last Minute, Cheap & Easy | Halloween 2020
- You Have to See These 3D Carved Pumpkins
- Pumpkin Carving | Jack-o-lantern | How to carve pumpkin easy & simple | Step-by-Step Pumpkin carving
- Pumpkin carving for Halloween, 2020
- Easy tips and tricks – Halloween Pumpkin Carving for Kids