The S.C. Board of Health and Environmental Control announced today the selection of Dr. Edward Simmer, MD, for appointment as director of the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).Simmer currently serves as Chief Medical Officer, TRICARE Health Plan, and will be retiring from the Navy on Dec. 31. Previously, he served as Commanding Officer and CEO at the Naval Hospital in Oak Harbor, Washington.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Hot-shooting Auburn wallops South Carolina 109-86
- Brad Brownell Comments on Clemson’s Loss to Florida State
- Videocast: Frosty Start Sunday
- Body found near Henrietta St. in Greenville Co.
- Professional bull riding returns to Greenville
- Body found in wooded area near Upstate detention center, coroner says
- First case of UK COVID-19 variant found in Carolinas, health officials say
- Spending more on DoorDash and UberEats? This fee may be why
- Capitol attack reflects US extremist evolution over decades
- Judge: Alleged Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse can't associate with white supremacists