As of 7 AM Tropical Depression 19 was moving over far southern Florida. Its winds are 35 mph with movement west at 9 mph. It is forecast to become Tropical Storm Sally later on Saturday as it moves into the Gulf of Mexico.
The system is then expected to continue to strengthen as it moves northwest toward the Northern Gulf Coast and could become a hurricane before landfall Tuesday going into Wednesday. There are still uncertainties with the track and intensity, but the current forecast would bring flooding rain, strong winds and surge into parts of Southeast Louisiana and South Mississippi by Monday and continue through Wednesday.
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- Greer man charged in connection with U.S. Capitol riot
- Law enforcement, first responders, and other frontline employees eligible to get vaccinated in NC We
- S.C. to begin Phase 1B of state’s vaccination plan on March 8
- Police: Neighbors asked to stay inside after man fires shots, barricades in home
- Electric chair, firing squad for executions in SC passes key vote in Senate
- SC DHEC Covid-19 Update: March 3rd
- Greenville PD: Manhunt underway for driver who fled from police in stolen car, now running on foot
- DHEC gives new details on Janssen vaccine availability as Phase 1B is set to begin Monday
- Big companies in Texas and Mississippi will still require masks as states end mandates
- 3 children abducted by mother in Hendersonville Co. tracked across two states, recovered by U.S. Marshals