Ionescu rolled her left ankle and had to be helped off the court in her third career WNBA game.
Two days after scoring 33 points with seven rebounds and seven assists in her second WNBA game, New York Liberty guard Sabrina Ionescu left Friday’s game against the Atlanta Dream with a left ankle injury.
Ionescu appeared to roll her ankle near mid-court while trying to avoid defensive pressure.
Ionescu received an X-ray and the results came back negative for a fracture, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium.
Ionescu needed to be helped off the court and could not put enough weight on her ankle to walk. The Liberty called the injury an ankle sprain in a statement released mid-game.
The No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 draft, Ionescu won nearly every individual honor in college basketball during her career at Oregon. She recorded the most career triple-doubles in college basketball history,
Upstate News Headlines
- Weekend Things to Do: Greenville South Carolina
- 753 new and probable COVID-19 cases and Zero deaths reported in South Carolina April 12th
- Greenville Seeing Very High Pollen Count This Week
- The Week Ahead: Events, Live Music and Food Truck Calendar for Greenville & The Upstate
- Reasons To Stage Your Home Before You Sell It
- Peace Center Announces White Claw Concert Series
- 2021 Park Hop Registration is Now Open!
- National Weather Service Confirms Saturday Tornado in Seneca
- Vaccine appointments becoming more available in South Carolina
- Greenville’s DMV Offices are moving: What you need to know
- Greenville Calendar: Today’s Things to Do in the Upstate SC