There’s a reason why rock stars are synonymous with excess, as a lot of them really have lived their lives as indulgently as you can imagine. Their exploits have become the stuff of legend, but some of them, like the following, partied way too hard.
In many ways, Kiss is the definitive rock band. Most of their songs are arena-ready anthems about rock ‘n’ roll itself, and their stage show is full of pyrotechnics. And while they were rocking and rolling all night, they also partied every day, particularly longtime guitarist Ace Frehley [FRAY-lee], also known as “Space Ace.” He started drinking at the age of 13 and spent most of his life struggling with addiction before kicking his habits for good in 2006. His moment of clarity happened when his daughter called him out on how he’d started drinking again and implored him to quit.
Frehley’s drinking days featured some notably audacious booze-fueled moments. In 1979, while Kiss was on Tom Snyder’s Tomorrow show, a visibly intoxicated Frehley grumbled and drunkenly joked his way through the appearance, to the annoyance of his bandmates.
There was also the time when the band was riding in a limousine and Frehley chugged a bottle of perfume after being told that it technically contained alcohol. Despite his wild ways, he’s still alive and kicking in 2020.
Watch video for more rockers who partied way too hard.
Ace Frehley | 00:00
Mick Fleetwood | 01:24
Stevie Nicks | 02:15
Lemmy | 03:26
Billie Joe Armstrong | 04:29
Scott Stapp | 05:33
Zakk Wylde | 06:39
Steven Adler | 07:46
Amy Winehouse | 09:12
Read Full Article: https://www.grunge.com/9229/rockers-partied-way-hard/
Upstate News Headlines
- 8 Ways to Watch Movies Online with Friends and Family This Holiday Season
- Record Time: New & Notable Vinyl Releases (November 2020)
- On the Move: Mikaela Duchnak
- Covid-19 fact generator: A handy tool for your Thanksgiving dinner
- 3 Tips for COVID-19 Risk Management
- Centre Stage announces a virtual Christmas Spectacular for 2020
- Groups in the Upstate work to give back this Thanksgiving
- Pickens County Schools scale back reopening plan
- Judges Shut Down Trump’s Claims Of Election Irregularities In Court | NBC News NOW